Friday, October 23, 2015

Do your “Tools of Your Trade” Include Printing and Mailing Your Customer Invoices?

Every business person has certain tools of their trade – tools that are instrumental in providing their clients the best products and services possible.  A landscaper’s tools include mowers, tractors, trimmers, trucks, and other equipment needed to successfully run their business. Similarly, DocuSend℠’s tools include high speed printers, sorters and inserters.

I used to spend at least 2 hours a week maintaining my property with lawn tools that were anything but commercial quality. That didn’t even include the time (and expense) to maintain the equipment. When it came time to replace my lawn tractor, I did some serious cost comparisons. I included the time I spent as an actual cost, and it was not even close. Now I have a service that cuts my lawn with a tractor that looks like it belongs on the NASCAR circuit. It takes them a fraction of the time it used to take me and saved money to boot.  Their equipment is industrial grade and costs a lot more than the big box store brands, so they need lots of volume to justify the expense, but that’s part of managing a well-run business.

DocuSend’s printing and inserting equipment processes mailings at the rate of 12,000 envelopes per hour. That means if you have 200 documents to mail, it will take us about one minute to print, fold, stuff, seal, and apply postage to your envelopes.  How fast can your business do that? And the cost? About $.78 per envelope for a one page document. And that includes first class postage! Of course, our mailing equipment cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, so we need a lot of volume too. It is the very definition of a mutually beneficial relationship.
   
So why keep taking your focus off building your business by having to mail your invoices with tools you don’t have or need?  I’ll never waste my time taking care of my lawn again.  You can make the same improvement in your business by using DocuSend℠.


Let our tools take the burden off of you by checking out DocuSend℠ at www.docusend.biz.  You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment